Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Little Things

As the sun starts making more regular appearances and spring inches closer, I begin to think about my perspectives. For me, winter is a time to stay inside, seek warmth and find shelter as snows fall and winds blow. Now that spring is almost here, I have a great desire to seek out the small ways that life is springing up once again. But that has me thinking...do I seek signs of life all the time, no matter the season? It's always there, that small and steady pulse of beauty in different forms. So why do I only think it exists when the sun comes out?

This is my challenge for you: as deadlines for school and college decisions loom closer; as you start thinking ahead and planning for the months to come; as one season of your life begins drawing to a close and another starts opening up, take the moments you need to recognize the good things that are happening now. It seems so easy to set your hopes on the good things to come, but there is no such thing as an ordinary moment. Everything holds a spark of the unique within it...if you take the time to see it!
-Andrea





No comments:

Post a Comment