Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Surprise

Hello, all! Just a quick note from me. This morning is beautiful, sunny and not *too* cold, so I decided to walk to work (about half a mile.) On the way, I heard the distinct call of a Blue Jay, and eventually saw him peeking out between the branches of a pine tree near Main Street. As a bird lover, seeing the colorful and somewhat elusive types is always a thrill...but there was something extra special about it this morning. I think it's easy to fall into a mental routine of sameness in the winter, and the grayness and cold outside doesn't help. So when a bright flash of color crossed my path, it helped me remember all the great things that still are, and the greatness to come! This also reminds me of a Bible verse: (1 Thessalonians 5:18) "In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." If we look, there is always something to be thankful for!
May you discover a flash of color in the deepness of winter, and take the time to enjoy it.
-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment