Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Busy week!

I know all of you are probably busy too! I tell my visiting students that I think high school students are some of the busiest people out there. Between classes, sports, music, community involvement, video games, social networking sites, homework, chores, and maybe even a job, how do you have time to breathe! I know I've been busy too, because we're gearing up for a big Discovery Day Open House this Saturday, December 5th. It should be a good time! I know I always enjoy meeting the families and prospective students who visit campus. Plus, there are always doughnuts...how can that not make for a good day? Professors and coaches are usually available, as well as admissions counselors and financial aid personnel. You get to eat lunch here too, which I always enjoy. Noticing a theme here? I like food!

On Wednesday, December 8th our Financial Aid Director, Mary Cannon, will be at Central Christian High School with our Director of Admission, Chris Jebsen, for a free pizza and financial aid night. If you are from around there you should come see us! Kidron pizza will be catering the evening beginning at 6:00pm so you know the food will be great... Hopefully we will see you there.

Today I am looking at a bunch of new applications and transcripts and making sure we have all the information to move our interested students to the next step in the admissions process. It's pretty cool to see a student go from being interested and curious during a couple visits on campus to them making the decision to attend Bluffton. It always excites me because I know that I had an awesome time here at Bluffton and I know they will have a great time too! Have a great rest-of-the-month-until-break!

No comments:

Post a Comment