Thursday, January 7, 2010

Arizona Bound

Greetings! As I write this blog, the snow is falling quickly outside my window in the cold Bluffton temperatures. While I am in snow today, I will be in warm weather tomorrow, at least for a few minutes that is. I will be traveling to Arizona tomorrow with Bluffton professor Laura Brenneman. We will be going to a Mennonite youth retreat. While the warm climate of Arizona sounds great, we will actually be in the mountains at a snow camp! So, we will only get to bask in the nice warm weather as we walk from the airport to our rental car. :(

While I wished we would be in warm Phoenix, I know that the trip will be fun. I always enjoy interacting with high school youth groups. I will be leading a session with a couple of my colleagues from other Mennonite colleges on Mennonite Higher Education. As Assistant Professor of Religion and Director of Peace and Conflict Studies at Bluffton, Laura will be interacting with the youth and talking about Bluffton's faith values.

As an Admissions Counselor, I love travelling around the United States and meeting and working with prospective students. However, it is impossible for me (or any of my colleagues for that matter) to visit each of your high schools, communities, youth retreats, etc. But that doesn't mean that we don't want to meet with you! If you are interested in Bluffton, I definitely encourage to come visit our campus! Even if you live far away, as do many of the prospective students from my territory, be rest-assured that the drive here to Bluffton will be well worth it. :) If you live more than 250 miles away from Bluffton, we will help cover some or even all of your travel expenses. Click here to learn more about Bluffton's Fly/Drive Program. If you would like to schedule a visit, you may do so by calling us at 1-800-488-3257, Option 1, or by clicking here and filling out the online visit request form. We would love for you to come visit us!

Until next time...

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment