Thursday, February 11, 2010

De-stressing!

During times of extra stress, I tend to seek solitude and some part of the natural world to bring me back into balance. Sometimes, I reach for more coffee.

Sometimes, more sleep.
And at times, I'll simply rejoice in turning my mind off completely and enjoying a day of movies.

How do you deal with stress? I imagine now is an ideal time for stress to start creeping up on you: school work, perhaps a job, clubs and sports, oh...and let's not forget your college search! If you are still weighing the pros and cons of several different schools, perhaps you feel more stressed than those of you who already know where you'll be going. But even then, you have to prepare: for financial aid, for "the big move," for saying goodbye to friends and meeting new ones, for all that comes with the college transition.
May I make a small suggestion? Make some time to de-stress! It is so important to keep yourself in balance, even when there doesn't seem to be ANY time for yourself. Try to make time. To pray for guidance, talk to a friend, write your thoughts down or simply take a nap. Your life will still be there when you get back to it...but if you are more balanced, things are bound to look brighter and more do-able!
-Andrea
"With God all things are possible."
-Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment